Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Babies Babies and More Babies

I have four friends who are pregnant right now, with the first due in a couple of weeks! So - needless to say, I have been busy lately with baby showers and there are still more to come! The first baby shower was for my sister-in-law and she is having a little boy. I made a canvas with a Bible verse on it to hang above Jax's crib. This took a lot longer than I anticipated, so it wasn't ready for the shower. I have finally finished it! I think it turned out really well! I also made some wooden letters that are currently hanging above his closet. The last item I made was this signature mat that we will take to the hospital for visitors to sign when they come to visit baby Jax and mommy.

The next shower is for my neighbor, Shannon. She is having a little girl and I got a little creative with a few gifts for Henley. I started with these blank wooden frames and a wooden welcome sign....

and with a little paint, some pretty paper and die cut letters -- this is what I have come up with!



I am going to Birmingham for the shower on Saturday and then we are having a painting party that night. I can't wait! I have to still gather a few more things to finish my gift....but, I guess I will do that tomorrow. Hopefully I can come up with something creative!

1 comment:

  1. Love the frames and the sign...you did a good job! and very creative too.

    ReplyDelete